Temple Visiting update!
Starting Gaura Purnima 2021:
- Pujaris that were performing regular services prior to Covid will resume their services. Updated Pujari roster will be communicated by the Pujari department & only those pujaris will be allowed to be on temple premises for the duration of their service.
- Devotees will be allowed to participate in the morning program from 4:30 am to 9am.
- Morning Japa program group will be allowed to meet in the temple room on Sundays.
- Designated Srimad Bhagavatam speakers will resume the morning classes in temple.
- Sunday feast prasadam serving will be resumed with carryout boxes. Devotees can resume sponsoring prasadam feast for $451 to celebrate events of their loved ones. When you complete RSVP for Sunday evenings, please include details for how many containers are requested.
- At this time, you can visit temple ONLY from 4:30 am to 9 am daily & on Sunday evenings by RSVP from 5:30-7:30pm
- If you recently traveled out of town —-within the state, out of state, or out of country you are required to quarantine for two weeks or get a Covid RT PCR test performed at least 72 hours after return with negative result before coming to temple for visits or performing services.
- If you tested positive, you must provide a negative test report before returning to the temple for visit or service.
- Having taken the covid-19 vaccine shot does not mean that you are immune or you cannot pass the virus to others. So, you are still required to follow all the above guidelines.
We are grateful for your continued cooperation & service and we sincerely offer our prayers to Our Lordships to protect us through this pandemic so we can all engage in Their services at the temple to our hearts content very soon.
We remain in your service as always.
ISKCON Houston Management Team
Based on our progress and advisory group review, we may add evening Darshan later.
Devotees that fail to follow these important guidelines (below) will be asked to leave and will not be allowed back till Covid subsides. Your safety and well-being is as important as it is for other visitors.
- Masks (facial covering) are to be worn when in the temple. Please bring your own mask or face covering. Without mask (face covering), you will not be allowed to enter temple room. Everyone age 5 and over is required to have a face mask (covering).
- Social distancing is strictly maintained and enforced.
- We ask you to not visit temple if the answer is YES to the following questions
- Are you experiencing cough?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing?
- Are you experiencing any loss of smell and taste?
- Are you experiencing any chills or shaking?
- Are you feeling feverish?
- Do you know (or have) someone in close contact that is Covid19 positive?
- Have you traveled out of state or country in last 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for Covid19 in last 14 days?
- While in temple, follow social distancing rule, refrain from handshaking/hugs with other devotees.
- Please do not offer obeisance lying on the floor to Srila Prabhupada or Our Deities. Please pay your obeisances in your mind and remain standing throughout the temple room.
- There is a X in front of each Deity and devotees are requested to use that mark to pay standing obeisances to Deities.
- Devotees visiting temple from 4:30 am to 9 am MUST seat themselves (managing social distancing) during chanting or during the class.
- No assembling (gathering) is allowed in the temple or parking lot once you leave temple.
The decision to whether attend or not visit our temple in person is strictly yours. If you are not well and have medical conditions, please do NOT visit.