ISKCON Disciple Course will be offered during June 8 – 10. Find the detailed schedule below and more details about the course.
- Friday June 8 : 7 – 9 pm (2hrs)
- Saturday June 9: 8 am – 12 noon; 1:30 – 6:30 pm (9hrs)
- Sunday June 10 : 9 am -12 noon; 1 – 3 pm (5 hours)
The ISKCON Disciple Course is a training program which deepens devotees understanding of guru tattva and guru padasraya within the multiple guru environment of ISKCON. Designed for new devotees preparing to take initiation in ISKCON, the course is also recommended for leaders, preachers councilors and educators in ISKCON. The course was developed under the direction of the GBC Guru Services Committee, with the combined efforts of leading educators in ISKCON. The course is based on the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and current ISKCON Law and gives reference to the writings from the broader Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition. The 14 lessons include Powerpoint, interactive workshops and assessment exercises.
The ISKCON Disciple Course is a mandatory pre-requisite for all devotees accepting first or second initiation by an ISKCON guru, effective Janmastami, 2015. After that date, no guru may initiate a disciple who has not first completed the Disciple Course.
ISKCON Disciple Course Contents
- Guru-tattva and the Guru-parampara System
- Types of and qualifications of Guru
- Srila Prabhupada: ISKCON Founder-Acarya and Preeminent Siksa Guru
- Refuting the Posthumous Ritvik Theory
- Relationship between ISKCON Guru and ISKCON Authorities
- Gurus outside of ISKCON
- Prabhupadacraya and Guru-padasraya
- Process of Selecting a Guru
- Strictly Following Initiation Vows
- Formal Worship of Srila Prabhupada and ISKCON Gurus
- Guru-vapu and vani seva & service to the Mission
- Principles and Procedures of Guru-tyaga
- Presenting Srila Prabhupäda and ISKCON Gurus
- Discrimination on the Basis of Guru
- Developing Cooperative Relationships within ISKCON’s multi Guru environment
For further information, please contact HG Radha Krishna Das at VedicEducation@iskconhouston.org