Lord Krishna’s Appearance Day! Shri Krishna Janmasthami
Program concludes with a Maha Aarti at Midnight (watch it online only).
As city of Houston and surrounding areas are in the middle of Covid19 pandemic and related infection rate, we have planned a very unique experience for you all to celebrate Lord Shri Krishna Janmasthami in 2020.
ONLINE DARSHAN (all day on Mayapur.TV – select Houston channel)
All online stream is available via ISKCON of Houston’s YouTube Live channel. Zoom links will be shared when available.
Schedule (subject to change)
- 9 am – 6 pm – Pre Recorded Krishna book reading by HH Amala Bhakta Swami
- 7:00 am – Aarti & kirtan
- 7:30 am – Srimad Bhagavatam class
- 6:15 pm – Live Kirtan
- 7 pm – Arati
- 7:20 pm – Promotions
- 7:30 pm – Class by HH Romapada Swami
- 8:40 pm – Promotions
- 8:45 pm – Live Kirtan
- 9 pm – Arati
- 9:20 pm – Cultural program (online)
- 10:15 pm – Abhisek of Sri Radha Giridhari (in temple)
- 11 pm- Live Kirtan
- 12 Midnight – Arati & Kirtan
- Drive-through Festival (6 -10 pm) Registration required. See below.
Rules for Drive-Through Festival
Both gates (Parking lot) will be open from 6 pm to 10 pm. NO Drive-through after 10 PM
Gate 1: Entrance from W 34th and Golf.
Gate 2: Exit from the temple (can only turn right on Golf).
Everyone will remain in their vehicles during drive-through visit. Restrooms will not be available.
- ONLY ONE LANE IN PARKING LOT. NO PASSING AT ANY TIME
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE U-TURNS ON GOLF ST
- ALL TRAFFIC MUST FLOW FROM W 34TH ST TO GOLF AND EXIT TOWARDS RAILWAY CROSSING
- SPEED LIMIT IS LESS THAN 1 MPH INSIDE THE EVENT AREA
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THEIR VEHICLE DURING DRIVE-THROUGH FESTIVAL (FOR ANY REASON)
- EVERYONE IN VEHICLE MUST WEAR FACE MASK (COVERING) FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR DRIVE-THROUGH EXPERIENCE
As per CDC guidelines, if you are in the age group (60+), you are suggested to please stay safe and stay home.
Please RSVP for drive-through festival (FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE). If a slot is full, you may not see it during registration.
>>> Drive-Through RSVP Link <<<
Note: By reserving your time to attend this special drive-through festival, you and everyone in your vehicle agree to follow the simple rules and guidelines.